The Pennsylvania National Horse Show in Harrisburg is currently under way. It began on October 13th, 2011 and will run until October 22nd, 2011. It is being held at the Pennsylvania Farm Show & Expo Complex.
The Pennsylvania National Horse Show has assorted competitions in many areas, such as: Hunters and Jumpers, Side-Saddle, Roadsters, Saddle-Seat and much,much more.
In addition to the competition, the show also features numerous horse-related special attractions throughout the 10 days of competition, along with shopping.
Many specialty shops offer many hours of shopping of items anywhere from that one of a kind equine product, to fine art, custom jewelry, gifts, clothing, accessories, souveniers, toys and much, much more. Almost anything you can imagine.
The different events held in addition to the competitions will be:
– Horse Crazy Kids/Youth Opportunity Day – Introduce young enthusiasts to the world of equestrian competition!
– Breyer Model Hores Show – Model horse collectors display the realistic beauty of the model horse.
– Hunt Night – A friendly competition between members of recognized fox hunts and includes Hunt Teams, a Parade of Fox Hounds, the North American Fox Hunting Horn Blowing Competition and the wildly entertaining Jack Russell Terrier Races.
– Local Night – Allows riders within a 50-mile radius of Harrisburg to experience the thrill of competing at this prestigious event. A special feature on Local Night is the Leadline Class where youngsters under 6 years, dressed in full show attire, show their ponies, some for the first time.
– Western Night – Invitational Barrel Racing and Pole Bending competition, where cowboys and cowgirls “beat the clock” riding through a cloverleaf pattern of barrels and a slalom course of poles! Guy McLean will end the evening with his unique blend of horsemanship and entertainment which he calls “Edutainment”.
– PA Big Jump Night – Steve Stephens will be back as the course designer and is sure to challenge each horse to the do it’s very best. Guy McLean will follow this exciting class with a thrilling program of his own.
– Power and Speed Night – Here is the open jumping class where speed is the key. Following will be Celebrity Team Penning where you’ll see Grand Prix riders compete western-style as they team with professionals to sort, cut and drive cattle in the “fastest time wins” competition for an authentic Western belt buckle – a coveted trophy in the Western world! Then be mesmerized by Guy McLean as he demonstrates his passion, communication and horse training ability in the main arena.
– $75,000 Grand Prix de Penn National – On this final night, the Grand Prix horses are ridden through the biggest obstacles, around the tightest turns at the fastest speeds of the week! For the last two years, riders representing five other countries competed against the Americans. Come and support our riders! This is also the last chance for the demostration by Guy McLean, and shopping.
Come on out and enjoy the excitement, shopping, exhibitions and demonstrations. There is something for everyone in the family.